1st Year Band announcements:
- 1st year band is off to a great start. The students know three pitches and can play songs with half notes and wholes notes. Everyone should be on at least page 7. A good amount of time them to be practicing at this point is 15 minutes a few times a week. I know that not everyone is going to be able to practice at home, but the more frequently they are able to, the faster everyone will progress.
2nd Year Band announcements:
- 2nd year band is off to a great start. We have reviewed what we did last year and we are working on Jingle Bells on Page 12 and "We Three Kings" (sheet music), we will probably be getting a third song soon. A good amount of time for them to be practicing this year is 15-20 minutes at a time a few times a week. I understand that this is not always possible but if they can practice a little here and there it will help us progress faster as a group.
- I have started passing out "band bucks." Students can use these to buy prizes at auctions that we will have periodically. They can earn bucks by writing their practice minutes on the chart in the front of their book, passing off songs in the book, or answering questions correctly.
- If you need to order supplies, just let me know what you need and send the money to school with your child. If you write a check for supplies, it should be made to Graves County Band Boosters. Here are the prices for common items:
- Stand = $15
- Cleaning Kit =$16
- Valve/slide oil =$1
- Our High School Band is hosting a marching band contest starting at 5:45 PM Saturday evening at the high school football stadium. Several excellent bands from our area will be performing their marching shows and competing. This is a great family-friendly show and tickets are only $5. All proceeds go to support the Graves County High School Band. I hope you can join us for us contest Saturday evening.